Have you been described as a driver that gets things done with outstanding results while providing strong leadership, direction, strategic thinking and mentoring? Are you great with time and cost controls as well as effective schedule, project, and people management skills? Our client, an Okanagan BC, manufacturing company, is currently seeking an experienced Production Manager to lead their team.
The Production Manager is expected to be a well organized professional team leader who utilizes all available resources to ensure that production is run efficiently and effectively; planning, managing, leading, organizing and communication are the key skills we are looking for. This role oversees all aspects of production, as well as interacts with senior leadership, sales, and engineering teams. Meeting a defined set of KPIs related to overall efficiency, on time deliveries, cost effectiveness and quality assurance along with improving the overall manufacturing process are a large part of this role.
The Production Manager also:
- Implements and maintains lean manufacturing processes along with best practices to ensure the facility is running at optimal efficiency
- Plans all aspects of the production department including; scheduling, resources, process improvement, training and plant maintenance
- Monitors and adheres to a high standard for quality, safety and efficiency
- Actively forecasts production floor capabilities while working under a continuous improvement mindset.
- Creates, contributes to and effectively manages operational and project related budgets
- Creates and maintains comprehensive employee and project documentation and reports
- Engages in hiring, training and mentorship of employees, providing technical expertise and guidance
What they are looking for:
- Our client is seeking a candidate who is excited to work with their growing, busy organization and is confident in taking charge within this role. This role requires the following:
- 5+ years experience as a Production Manager
- Post secondary degree or diploma in operations, manufacturing, engineering or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve production and project management targets in accordance with quality, cost and time requirements.
- Excellent business acumen and operational management skills. Demonstrated people leadership skills with proven ability to lead and motivate, while being able to foster positive relationships across the organization.
- Experience managing a team of 15+ members
- Proficient in fabrication manufacturing processes, techniques, equipment, and tools
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Welding knowledge ideal
- Direct experience creating and issuing work orders, and reviewing BOM’s
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse, and transportation management
- Knowledge of local and federal regulations, including CSA, CWB, Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office,
- Experience with ERP, APS, and scheduling preferred
- Excellent teamwork, inter-personal and leadership skills a must
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage deadlines in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation, and results oriented attitude
If the above description sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.