Community Support Worker: Outreach (casual)
We at Love HR are pleased to support JHSOK in helping those in need and making our community a better and safer place for everyone, by recruiting for a casual position with their Kelowna Outreach Programs.
Community Support Worker assist adult clients with neurodevelopmental disabilities and complex neurobehavioural issues (such as substance misuse, struggles maintaining housing, dual diagnosis, and challenging behaviour(s) that put the individual at increased risk of criminal justice involvement/being criminalized). In this role, you will demonstrate ability and passion to empower and assist clients to achieve their physical, emotional, social, and personal goals enhancing their quality of life, safety and independence.
More specifically, duties include:
- Assessing, developing, and establishing service delivery goals with those served, promoting life skills, harm reduction, health, and connection to community
- Supporting clients with daily living, in their home and/or in the community (including meeting professional appointments, budgeting, shopping, and basic cooking/meal planning)
- Assisting with case management
- Recognizing, analyzing, and addressing challenging and emergent situations
- Overseeing Overdose Prevention Services (intervene and administer Naloxone in event of overdose)
- Maintaining necessary documentation and reports of contact as per JHS standards
The ideal candidate for John Howard Society has:
- Education in human/social services field and/or 1+ years of recent and related experience with all the associated knowledge and skills
- Valid BC driver’s license (class 5), clean driver’s abstract, and access to vehicle for use of transporting clients
- Good judgement and ability to uphold professional and consistent boundaries
- Strong relationship skills, growth mindset and positive approach
- Sensitivity to the unique needs of those of Indigenous ancestry and ethno-cultural groups, and persons with disabilities
Their future hire must:
- Be able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search
- Have proof of COVID-19 immunization
John Howard is offering a wage between $23.55 - 27.30/hr based on experience, Employee Assistance Program, and opportunities for growth and training.
If you are a motived individual looking for meaningful work and opportunity to help people in need, we would love to hear from you. Please apply online with your resume today.